FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compression Master templates

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Musicmanib
Compression Master templates
on Dec 16, 2005 at 7:05:10 pm

Hello,
I'm trying to compress 16 Mpeg files that each total roughly 4 minutes in length to fit onto a 700 MB CD-R as a video cd but all 16 files total a little over 750 MB's. What template on Compression Master do I use? Do I compress only a few files or all. I simply want to fit all of them on a 700MB CD-R. I'm confused because there so many choices and the instructions are not clear. My goal is to burn all 16 Mpeg files in order on a CD-R as a video cd that make up a concert video. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Kennet
Re: Compression Master templates
on Dec 19, 2005 at 5:44:34 pm

Hi,

To fit all of your 16 files on a cd-r (650Mb) you can do like this:

650 MB / 16 files = about 40 MB per file

40MB = 320 Mbit = about 320000 Kbit

Your files are about 4 min = 240 seconds which gives you

320000 Kbit / 240 s = about 1300 Kbps

This means that each of your files can have a average bit rate of about 1300 Kbps.
If you are going to do a VCD your files have to be mpeg-1. So I would like to recommend you to use the "mpg_MPEG1_large_prog" template setting to be sure they will fit on your cd.
Maybe it will work with the "mpg_MPEG1_high_quality_prog" template setting as well.

Best Regards
Kennet Eriksson @ Popwire Support

Return to posts index

Musicmanib
on Dec 20, 2005 at 4:43:54 pm

Thanks for the response however, when I use that format, the video clip seems to only be 19-20 seconds long when I put the file into my dragon burn software. The file goes from being 50 MB's to 3.3 MB's. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
on Dec 20, 2005 at 8:31:54 pm

I think Dragon Burn may be trying to re-encode the files. Not too familiar with that app (I use Toast), but for MPEG-2 and CDs, there is really only one format that will work for compatibilty with STBs, which is SVCD. But SVCD has a format resolution max of 480x480. Otherwise, if you are just burning a data CD and want to store the MPEG-2s as files on the disc, then there should be no re-encoding and the file size that is burned should be the file size as it is encoded by CM and reported by the Finder.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]