FORUMS: list search recent posts

24 hours???? for 90 min.???/

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cardinalman
24 hours???? for 90 min.???/
on Dec 10, 2005 at 11:13:27 am

I must be doing something wrong. I edited HDV in FCP. Program length is 90 min. I used export w/compressor, and the time left is over 24 hours and it started encoding 5 hours ago!! This can't be right. Does anyone have experience in this? Could sure use some advice at this point. This is my first experience with HDV format to SD for dvdsp authoring. Deadline on Monday.

Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

Ben Waggoner
Re: 24 hours???? for 90 min.???/
on Dec 10, 2005 at 7:49:16 pm

Seems slow to me, but working with HDV is slow.

What's your system you're processing on?

What MPEG-2 encoding settings?

Lots of effects in FCP?

Return to posts index

Cardinalman
Re: 24 hours???? for 90 min.???/
on Dec 11, 2005 at 12:17:43 am

Thanks for your reply. I'm using a G5 2.7 dp mac and compressor. The settings are 90min. 16x9 but I have now switched to single pass. The single pass cut back the wait time but it's still going to take about 16-18 hrs. As for effects, really don't use much except that the majority of the video is split screen, so I have it layered up three high including the color mat that I use for a border in between. I read on the apple support site that you can turn off frame control in compressor and it will really speed things up. Do you know about that? Anyway how would you turn off frame control in compressor? Also, while I'm asking, I did a short test encoding of about a minute duration and burned it to disc to test it on my tv. I notice that it seemed to have lost some color and looked a little washed out. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]