FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD encoding solution on Mac?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dolby411
HD encoding solution on Mac?
on Dec 9, 2005 at 3:18:25 pm

Hello all,

The production house I work at needs to deliver a video for a museum in the following specs:

1080i
MPEG2 transport stream
50-60 Mbps

Currently we have the Optibase MPEG Master SDI encoder running on a Mac which we also use to author DVDs in DVDSPro. I've been doing some research, and I can only find PC solutions that will encode at the parameters above. Does anyone know any solutions on a Mac - hardware, software? I'd like to keep the authoring station we have now and just put a new encoder card in. But if that's not the case, what on the PC side would be recommended and what DVD authoring programs are "good". Sorry for the weighted question - thanks in advance for the response.

Return to posts index

Ben Waggoner
Re: HD encoding solution on Mac?
on Dec 9, 2005 at 9:38:28 pm

DVD is HD, and you're specing a HD file format.

I've been using Rhozet Carbon (Pro ProCoder) for my HD MPEG-2. However, it only does .ts files with MPEG-2 Layer II audio. If that's not a problem, it's probably perfect for you.

Return to posts index

dolby411
Re: HD encoding solution on Mac?
on Dec 9, 2005 at 10:00:00 pm

Thanks for the response Ben. Sorry about my thoughts being rambly, but we will be delivering HD MPEG2's on hard drives. We won't be authoring these to DVDs at all. So does the Rhozet Carbon (Pro ProCoder) encoder create MPEG2 files? And does that run on a PC? Does anyone know of a Mac solution?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]