FORUMS: list search recent posts

WMV/Mpeg2 and color fidelity

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
KiboOst
WMV/Mpeg2 and color fidelity
on Nov 28, 2005 at 6:59:42 pm

Hi !

First, hello to all, I read you for some times but this is my first post ;-)

Ok, I'm having serious problems about color rendition with DVD, Mpeg codecs, and WMV codecs.
I can encode from PremierePro or Procoder (via Ppro or directly), it is allways the same problem : When I use Mpeg codecs, export to DVD and read it with powerDVD, or use wmv codec (iso mpeg4 and so), I get over saturated colors ! When encoding to QuickTime sorenson 3 I have exact same colors that in ppro or any player on the source file. Actually I use an output filter to desaturate when encoding to wmv, but it ruins luminosity/contrast so it's really not a solution.

If you have any information about that, post it ;-)

The worst thing is that a wmv readed with media player is oversaturated, but when you play it with the old good mmplay32.exe it is ok !! So is it just players that emulate some tv renderition with last players ?

Kib

Return to posts index

KiboOst
Re: WMV/Mpeg2 and color fidelity
on Dec 4, 2005 at 10:48:06 am

ok so no one have any problem encoding dvd or wmv or mpeg2 ? Everyone get exact same colors ? good, now tell me how do you do, which encoder, options and so please !

Kib

Return to posts index

Ben Waggoner
on Dec 10, 2005 at 7:51:11 pm

By "MPEG codecs" do you mean "M-JPEG" codecs? If so, that's your problem. There's a bug with RGB<>Y'CbCr color space conversions with Motion JPEG in QuickTime 7. I've moved to using the FCP 4:2:2 8-bit uncompressed codec for all my intermediates, which has eliminated the problems across the board.

Return to posts index

KiboOst
on Dec 10, 2005 at 9:14:12 pm

Nope, I mean standard wmv and mpeg2 dvd compliant. With quicktime, I have no problem at all, that's the codec I prefer because colors are exactly the same as my editing. But exporting to wmv or mpeg2 or directly to dvd via pro coder or adobe encoder or microsoft encoder get all flashy colors. Maybe I should apply a RVB/YCC conversion between editing and exporting to dvd ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]