FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Apple Compressor to batch process for Video iPod>

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Warvi
Using Apple Compressor to batch process for Video iPod>
on Nov 16, 2005 at 8:19:57 pm

Has anyone tried to use Compressor to batch-process QT movies for the Video iPod? QT Pro is slower than Christmas....and we'll need to encode 200+ hours of News stories and features somehow.

Another post had mentioned that Apple had posted the "cookbook" for this, but I can't find it - does anyone have any info on this?

Dan Warvi
After Effects, Avid, Motion, Broadcast Systems & PC as nec

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Using Apple Compressor to batch process for Video iPod>
on Nov 17, 2005 at 12:48:56 am

Compressor is very unlikely to offer any performance improvements over QT, because they both use the same engine. But, with Compressor, you can enable grid encoding, which can result in about a 6x performance increase on the proper network and node machines. If batching is all you need, then there is an Automater action available from Apple's website that can export multiple movies to a particular format.

Return to posts index

Calvin
on Dec 7, 2005 at 2:40:05 am

I was using the compressor preset 'web download quicktime 7 compatible, H.264 300K' thinking I was producing video ipod compatible podcasts. Not so. Check out these links. compressing using the method described in the second link produces videos compatible on the video ipod

Calvin.

http://www.capria.tv/2005/11/compressor-2-video-ipod-settings.html

http://www.capria.tv/2005/10/speeding-up-h264-encoding-for-ipods.html for

Return to posts index

Matt Larson
on Dec 13, 2005 at 10:01:31 pm

Check out a piece of software called "Podder" ($10) It let's you do batch lists and you can choose between h.264 or mpeg-4 (MUCH MUCH MUCH faster)The presets are pretty good and it takes a lot of the headache out of tweeking all of the settings in QT Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]