FORUMS: list search recent posts

Who still uses Cleaner XL?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim_Gunn
Who still uses Cleaner XL?
on Nov 7, 2005 at 12:56:48 am

It seems like there are mostly Mac people on this forum but this question is for the windows people. I still use Cleaner XL on my pc desktop and laptop workstations and it has been working well for me for the last few years. I know it hasn't been updated in quite a while, but I still use it for batch encoding my edited DV AVIs, mostly into MPEG-1 and WMV in various bitrates and screen sizes. It also works well for adding watermarks to the files for my clients. Have any other windows users felt compelled to switch to another encoding app in recent times, and if so, what encoding app are you using and why did you select that app?

Return to posts index

mike velte
Re: Who still uses Cleaner XL?
on Nov 7, 2005 at 12:51:10 pm

Left Cleaner after its best version 4.2. Use Procoder 2 for most except Flash stuff.

Return to posts index

daniel_l
on Nov 7, 2005 at 3:59:56 pm

Stopped using cleaner XL after discreet lost interest in desktop video. Anyway, it was too clunky and slow for the kind of work I did then.

Pro/carboncoder is bread and butter these days but I'm still waiting for the 'killer' encoding application.

I like what the Rhozet guys are doing and some of the stuff coming from silicon optix/teranex, but that's at the high end. - http://teranexlive.dimentians.com/home/applications/imageEnhance.cfm

DL

Return to posts index

mark fassett
on Nov 9, 2005 at 8:14:11 pm

I use XL for some things. It does compress WM9 quite well, IMO. I don't really have anything to compare it with speed wise, I don't have pro corder.

I mainly use my mac to compress, though... using Compression Master.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]