Jitter jitter again jitter

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
many
Jitter jitter again jitter
by
on Nov 5, 2005 at 7:43:28 pm

Hello to all.

This might be a "piece of cake" type of question for most of you but for me it is just fustrating as I try to learn by myself a bit about DVDs and compression. Honestly, as soon as I get a chance I should get some books and read about the subject but of course I also thought about Creative Cow first. I like trying to figuire out things or talking to people better thou.

Ok. A movie shot on miniDV (panasonicdvx) very simple edit on FCP5, no effects. The clip is 30min long, I'm exporting using compressor and try this two setting. First. 60min High quality and I set the average BitRate to 5 and the maximum to 7, using a 2 pass VBR best. The result was....Jittery....... Second time I used also 60min Hight quality but average BitRate at 5 and maximum at 6.5, result.........less but still jittery.

It seems like if I kkep lowering the bitrate I might be able to get no jitter at all but my qustions are:

I thought I could use a higher bit rate? therefore better quality
Why I can't use a higher bitrate?

I tested the results on Quiktime, I haven't burn the DVD to try on my DVDplayer but I asumed that if it looks bad on my computer it will too on my player.

I will use DVDStudio pro.

Please, ill anybody be so kind to explaing what's going on here. Thanks so much....peace.

PowerMac G5
Dual 2Ghz processor
512 Ram

Return to posts index

mike velte
Re: Jitter jitter again jitter
on Nov 7, 2005 at 12:48:13 pm

If you see the jitters only on TV (not PC), you may have a field reversal issue. DV is lower field first...check you project settings in FCP and your export settings.

Return to posts index

many
Re: Jitter jitter again jitter
by
on Nov 13, 2005 at 3:24:17 am

That's no it. I checked, I have the same on both....lower first. Funny thing though it compresses fine with one pass VBR, but not with 2 pass VBR. Wondering why? I have seen many people haven't similar issues on intrnet posts.

Anyone out there who can explaing what is happening to us? help. help......

Thanks a lot for keeping in contact.
osma

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]