FORUMS: list search recent posts

flash 7 encoding

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Edwards
flash 7 encoding
on Oct 5, 2005 at 2:07:20 am

I just found out from a client that they are going to require the piece we are editing to be encoded to flash 7 for their web site. My current toolset does not include flash encoding software, so I am wondering where to start. Compressor does not do flash, and I cannot pick up a copy of sorenson squeeze locally. Is sorenson squeeze 4.2 the way to go with this? Or is there some other software I could buy to compress my quicktime files out of FCP into flash.

Appreciate any input on this as I might just have to send my uncompressed Quicktime file to the web designer and have them encode it.

Andy

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: flash 7 encoding
on Oct 6, 2005 at 10:59:56 pm

Squeeze is the way to go on this, and if you can't find it locally, then you should be able to use the web to purchase and download it. Also, if Flash encoding is all you require, then there is Sorenson Squeeze for Flash which only offers Flash video encoding but is cheaper than the full encoding suite. Also, other options are Compression Master 3 from Popwire and Macromedia Flash Pro.

http://www.sorensonmedia.com/solutions/prod/mx_win.php?PHPSESSID=11288ce000...

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
Re: flash 7 encoding
on Oct 8, 2005 at 3:50:48 pm

Thanks for the input Charles. I ended up with the complete suite as I needed some of the other options in Squeeze additional to Flash.

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]