FORUMS: list search recent posts

compression master problems

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark fassett
compression master problems
on Sep 30, 2005 at 6:12:39 pm

I'm having problems compressing via popwire compression master with longer files. I have a bunch of 1.5 hour quicktime movies, captured and edited in FCP, exported as reference movies.

In compression master, I'm getting an error about not having enough drive space for 2-pass... which is crazy, since I have 35 gigs free on my os volume and hundreds of gigs free on my video volumes. Trying to convert to WMV 2-pass.

To make matters worse, I can't get through to popwire's support... the submit ticket form just dies/times out without working. TERRIBLE.

For now, I've just started a one pass batch... NOT my preference.

OSX 10.3.9, 2 gigs RAM, dual G5, latest everything including compression master, etc.

What the heck is going on?

Anyone from popwire here? Can you please fix your form, or provide a phone number? Thanks, this is a serious problem... I bought to licenses to HELP my workflow, not cause more problems, eh? :)

Return to posts index

Kay Johansson
Re: compression master problems
on Oct 1, 2005 at 7:52:40 am

Hi Mark,

We're here :-). Did you try to make a ticket under "helpdesk"? When we tried it now it did work.

The problem you're describing isn't known to us, we have had users experienced the same thing but that's when the scratch disc has run out of memory. In your case there should be enough memory though.

Instead of submitting a ticket via the form, mail to support@popwire.com. You will get the same kind of ticket as you would submitting via the form. I'm sure we can figure this out.

BR, Kay
Popwire

Return to posts index

mark fassett
on Oct 2, 2005 at 5:16:45 am

Yea, I tried it on three different machines.. a couple of macs and a windows box. No love!

Is there a way to select which volume CM will use as scratch disk? This is a pretty big problem for me, as I don't usually have 20 megs or more free on my OS volume, which is what it seems to need on long files that I'm compressing... or am I missing something?

Return to posts index

Kennet
on Oct 3, 2005 at 3:57:23 pm

Hi Mark!

Kennet from Popwire Support here!

If you still got problems with this you can submit a support ticket and the Popwire support team will help you out with this.
Go to:
http://popwire.com/support/

Best Regards
/Kennet
Popwire Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]