FORUMS: list search recent posts

some really basic things

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark wilkinson
some really basic things
on Sep 28, 2005 at 9:39:37 pm

but they are bugging me nonetheless. i am editing a video shot on a prosumer 3 chip. imported via DVCPro NTSC. im curious, it looks really mediocre in Final Cut and im assuming thats as good as it will get or does NTSC work with a TV to "reinflate" the footage and it looks great later ? why would i not import using the animation codec - just space issues ? in short is DVC Pro it for DV and wil it look better on a TV ?

Return to posts index

gkmotion
Re: some really basic things
on Sep 30, 2005 at 1:37:49 pm

If your camera is a DVCPro camera, then that setting in Final Cut should be what you will want to use. If it is not a DVCPro camera, you should use the DV NTSC setting (or PAL depending on where you live). Using the animation codec will not give you any advantage when capturing your footage, and will produce much higher file sizes. Do you have a broadcast monitor (or at the very least a TV) hooked up to your Final Cut system? Your computer monitor does not display fields and therefore gives a different view than what will be seen on a tv.

Return to posts index

mark wilkinson
Re: some really basic things
on Oct 2, 2005 at 5:52:29 am

ok thats helpful. im not currrently monitoring so i hope that means i can expect a better looking project in the end.

gracias

m

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]