FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best Real Player Compression Tool?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Doublin
Best Real Player Compression Tool?
on Sep 13, 2005 at 7:33:35 pm

Hey there...

I'm a hardcore MAC guy and I want to compress some video files for the web. I want to do a Realplayer file and a Quicktime File. I'm using Compressor for Quicktime but I don't know what to use to make a Real Player file. Are there multiple programs out there to do this? I only hear about Windows Media Player or Quicktime.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Best Real Player Compression Tool?
on Sep 14, 2005 at 7:19:36 am

Without a doubt, the tool you want to use for compressing Real media in almost all cases on all platforms is Popwire Compression Master 3.1. The quality is excellent, and the encoding speed is very fast.

Return to posts index

Derek Doublin
on Sep 18, 2005 at 7:16:55 pm

I tried compressing using Popwire but it fails when I try to compress 24 frames per second video.

Does Popwire not support 24 FPS source files?

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
on Sep 21, 2005 at 1:01:42 pm

Yes, it appears there is a bug with custom output sizes for Real Media. If you use one of the preset output sizes in the Size tab to encode to, it should work fine. But using a custom 16:9 or 4:3 size that isn't in the list will cause a failure to encode.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Sep 14, 2005 at 12:36:48 pm

Compressor 2 will create Real files with the Real 10 Export plugin. Go to the Encoder pange and set File Format to Quicktime Export Components and Encoder Type to RealMedia. Options will give you access to the settings. In my quick test (I don't get much demand for Real anymore) it seems to be very fast.

Return to posts index

Kay Johansson
on Sep 21, 2005 at 1:58:15 pm

Hi,

We'll take a look at this. Would it be OK Derek if you send a mail to our support so we get a ticket on this.

BR, Kay
Popwire

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]