FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to export vid from FCPHD for web streaming/posting??

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lost Angels
how to export vid from FCPHD for web streaming/posting??
on Jul 15, 2005 at 7:32:59 pm

Hi all,
I'm currently updating my editorial reel and also building a new website. My website friends aren't really familiar with streaming vid or audio, mpegs, etc for web. They mostly just do design. Can anyone instruct me on the longest a reel should be for posting, what compression to export, and also what size/res to export from final cut 4.5 HD?
thanks for your help!!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: how to export vid from FCPHD for web streaming/posting??
on Jul 17, 2005 at 4:03:32 am

First, I strongly suspect what you're calling "streaming" is "progressive download." Your web friends should tell you that even if they "just" do design. Placement of web video is part of design even if they aren't compressionists.

I'd make the size no smaller than 320x240 (if your source is 4:3 aspect ratio rather than 16:9). You could use 384x288 or even 480x360 if your potential clients have high speed broadband.
You might want to do both a Quicktime and Windows Media 9 versions.
For Quicktime use Sorenson Pro codec (worth buying if you care about quality) and do 2 pass VBR (you may need Discreet Cleaner or Sorenson Squeeze, which includes the codec, for that).
Deinterlace.
Play at full 29.97 fps (if you're NTSC) for best looking video (it's an editors reel after all).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]