FORUMS: list search recent posts

7 Minute Video=18mb?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jokemaster
7 Minute Video=18mb?
on Jun 20, 2005 at 8:00:08 pm

Question?

If you had a seven minute video and compressed it to an 18 mb swf file at a size of 540x360 would you think you should try again for a smaller file or is that a reasonably sized file.

The video is some talking head, a little action, some graphics (static and with movement) and bg music.

I have Sorenson Video 3 and Cleaner 5 on my machine but I am importing the original 12GB Quicktime directly into FlashMX2004.

Would Squeeze for FlashMX2004 give me better results?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Cheers,

Joe

Return to posts index

John Farrell
Re: 7 Minute Video=18mb?
on Jun 23, 2005 at 7:40:13 pm

I think you could definitely improve on the file size by encoding your video as .flv in Sorenson Squeeze for Flash--rather than relying on MX 2004's limited options. You'll have more control over quality and data rate, etc in Squeeze. File size should also be smaller, but I can't be definite, since most of my stuff is in 320x240....

John Farrell
"Digital Movies With QuickTime Pro"
http://www.charlesriver.com/titles/digitalmoviesQT.html

Return to posts index

Joe
by
on Jun 24, 2005 at 7:39:56 pm

Thanks John; I did buy Squeeze and while my first test with the presets yielded files twice the size I'm sure I'll be able to do better.

Cheers,

Joe

Return to posts index

John Farrell
on Jun 24, 2005 at 7:51:22 pm

Yes. Like you, I'm very comfortable with Cleaner--and it takes a while to get used to Squeeze. I'm currently doing some QuickTimes and Flash .flvs for a client--and every time I go from Cleaner to Squeeze I get grouchy (because I'm spoiled)....

John Farrell
"Digital Movies With QuickTime Pro"
http://www.charlesriver.com/titles/digitalmoviesQT.html

Return to posts index

Joe
by
on Jun 27, 2005 at 2:51:10 pm

I can empathize, when I get like that I put on my "Do Not Disturb" "I'm disturbed enough already" T-shirt.

Anyway I have gotten better results and I am happy I picked up Squeeze.

Cheers,

Joe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]