FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need help with compression for streaming ...

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Stoner
Need help with compression for streaming ...
on Jun 1, 2005 at 3:27:57 pm

I currently use cleaner, and now that I'm getting into more web-streaming, I'm finding that the results from creating a WMV file are unsatisfactory. During complex edits, the video freezes up and stutters a lot (and I don't just mean when it's streaming -- it does this even when I play it from a local drive). Therefore, I find myself putting clips online that are softer and less "chaotic" because cleaner does a better job with them, however, these aren't really the kinds of clips I want representing my work.

Furthermore, I'd actually prefer use the MPG formate, but I've made a few and they are just too big for streaming (a recent 4 minute clip ended up being 40MB), and I don't see any settings for reducing the quality and size.

Help help help.

Jeffrey

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Need help with compression for streaming ...
on Jun 4, 2005 at 5:42:30 am

Cleaner is quite outdated when it comes to most streaming formats and codecs comparing solutions from other makers today. On the mac, excellent MPEG-1 and 2 can be achieved with the MainConcept Encoder, and Squeeze (with Flip4mac plugin) and Compression Master can both give you high quality WMV-9 output among other formats. On the PC, ProCoder is an excellent all-in-one solution, with Squeeze doing a good job as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]