FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mpeg1 file playback issues when WMP is default

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ron norris
Mpeg1 file playback issues when WMP is default
on May 31, 2005 at 4:05:46 pm

Hi all, I have an issue that I need to clear up. For video clips on web sites, we normally use MPEG1- because it will play in QT, Real, and WMP. However, client calls and says the mpeg file doesn't complete itself on playback in his browser (his default player is WMP). On further review, it works fine in QT and Real (as progressive downloads) but... WMP will not play the entire file (if wmp is the defualt player and plays in the browser window). Example: it plays 23 seconds of a :30 sec spot, then goes back to the head. Now, we can make it bring up the WMP interface and it plays the whole file, but if you are trying to play in a browser it doesn't work.
Anyone else have this issue? How did you fix it?

Thanks
(cross posted in Streaming- sorry for duplication, I figured this forum might be best)

Ron

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Mpeg1 file playback issues when WMP is default
on Jun 3, 2005 at 11:41:47 pm

It could be a muxing issue that you have with the movie. First thing I would suggest, is to demux the movie, then remux it with a tool such as ffmpegX on the mac, or a similar tool on the PC.

Also, what extension are you using for the MPEG-1s? I have found some versions of WMP to be very picky with the extension, and I would not suggest .mpeg. Use .mpg instead.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]