FORUMS: list search recent posts

Viewing and editing in a full-screen Comp viewer for projection matching to surface

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Pomeroy
Viewing and editing in a full-screen Comp viewer for projection matching to surface
on Apr 26, 2011 at 6:37:51 pm

I'm composing a multi-surface projection of an animation in After Effects CS5, and would like to be able to edit in an environment that matches the final display of my projector.

Because I have different surfaces on which a single projector is displaying a composition of different images, I need to be able to distort each of these images accordingly to fit on each surface. I have a secondary comp viewer window displaying only on the projector at close-to-full-screen (issue #1 is that the full-screen option is greyed out), but the comp won't show at a fully matched 100% until I run a RAM Preview. Trying to lay out images and distort them accordingly so as to perfectly match the different surfaces on which they are to be projected is difficult-- too much trial and error, going back and forth between RAM Previews and editing.

Is there any way to hide the controls of the comp viewer and have it appear truly fullscreen like the RAM Preview does, so that I can edit the composition live and see the changes made in the correct position and proportions?

Thanks guys,
-Andrew

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Viewing and editing in a full-screen Comp viewer for projection matching to surface
on Apr 26, 2011 at 7:19:12 pm

This link will give you the info you need for external preview:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WS3878526689cb91655866c1103906...

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Nicola Gutberlet
Re: Viewing and editing in a full-screen Comp viewer for projection matching to surface
on Jul 18, 2012 at 9:47:25 am

So, does there exist a solution to that problem?
Ted's link doesn't work with me :-(

I'm having a very similar problem since I want to see immediate results on a stereo display.

Thx,
Nicola

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 27, 2011 at 2:44:06 am

For irregular projection design, I'd suggest that the geometry correction is best handled by a live image warping engine (either integrated in media playback, or inline before projection) on-site.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Ben Bigelow
on May 14, 2014 at 12:30:50 am

I was looking to do the same thing and just found this: http://www.millumin.com/

Watch the video on AE. Gonna check it out now. 30 day free trial.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]