FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects custom values and animation presets

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Wheeler
After Effects custom values and animation presets
on Apr 20, 2011 at 11:39:23 pm

So I am working on a rather nice animation preset for lens flares and am quite pleased with the result. The only problem is the amount of value sliders I had to use. I was hoping someone could help me to how I would be able to have an empty value slider but add more sliders inside to connect multiple variables to one effect so I don't have to drop down so many sliders trying to find the value I need. I also wanted to know if there was a null position effect as well (X and Y) since the one I did find was moving the whole layer at once when I only needed it to control one effect's position.

Any Help is appreciated!
Nick.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: After Effects custom values and animation presets
on Apr 21, 2011 at 12:48:36 pm

Sounds like you want to create Presets using Expression Controls - the kind of presets that affect multiple parameters at once. TO do this using Expressions, you'll have to make use of arrays and such plus other unconventional techniques. Apologies but it's a long haul over here and it's a lot of explaining involved - it's more like a tutorial than a forum post.

Perhaps you can try the COW's Expression Forum and someone can point you to a ready-made or something close, solution.

HTH
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Nick Wheeler
Re: After Effects custom values and animation presets
on Apr 21, 2011 at 3:02:29 pm

Alright. If I find myself wondering over there then I'll take a look into that. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]