FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE how to animate text - change character color one letter at a time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TImi Boose
AE how to animate text - change character color one letter at a time
on Apr 11, 2011 at 8:57:40 am

Hello everyone,
I am pretty new to Aftereffects and am trying to animate some text to music. I have keyframed the tracking which looks great. After that happens, I want different letters to change color to certain tones in the music. And I want it to change every other letter instead of all letters in chronological order.
So far, I've added a text animator and added Fill Hue - but I only see how to get the color of the whole word to change. Can i do this?
Right now all the letters of the word are on the same layer. Will it work this way or do I need all letters on separate layers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

TImi Boose
Re: AE how to animate text - change character color one letter at a time
on Apr 12, 2011 at 2:58:59 am

I thought this was an active forum? Boo!
I'm still trying to get these letters to change color to music - Do I need a separate range selector for every letter? Or a separate layer? or is there a way to do it with them all on the same layer? Still when I animate it and change the color, it is changing the color for the whole movie, not just where I put the keyframe.
this movie is only 8 seconds long, so shouldn't be too complicated!

File not found - Bad serial number - the problem could be this, that or the other...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]