FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particle Playground Pickle

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Shields
Particle Playground Pickle
on Mar 19, 2011 at 3:04:50 pm

Hello

So I've seen others have this problem but have not seen anyone who has a solution yet....it's been a while since anyone has asked so I figured I would see if it has been solved

I'm trying to use ccParticle Playground in a presentaion I'm putting together..

Right now I have an image that I am trying to apply the effect to but when I add particle playground to the composition no particles appear. I've seen example where the default seetings should allow a stream of red particles to rise and fall as soon as the effect is applied but mine doesn't work?

I can see the system counting the particles but again nothing ( I did adjust the particle number down so that it was only about 75) appears...I've tried to play with the various settings but again nothing seams to make any changes..

Any suggestions? I'm running CS5

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: Particle Playground Pickle
on Mar 19, 2011 at 8:40:04 pm

What type of layer are you applying the effect to? A solid? Is the layer underneath of another layer so you can't see it maybe? Did you scrub forward in time in the timeline and still don't see any particles? What can you see?

Return to posts index

Matt Shields
on Mar 20, 2011 at 1:49:23 pm

Hi Erik

Thank you for the reply..

I've tried to apply the effect to all types of layers. Solids, pictures, video's and nothing appears...

When I try to apply the effect to the top layer a transparent layer appears (blocks out the picture or solid with transparent layer)then I see the producer point.

I have tried to increase the particle radius on each of the different producer types but still nothing shows the particles at all...

Do I have a setting wrong? Again I can see the particle count on the right side?

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Mar 20, 2011 at 4:29:35 pm

At the default settings with Particle Playground applied to a solid (or any layer really) you should get this result when you scrub forward in the timeline...

At the beginning of the timeline you won't see any particles, just the producer point...

Try to start with a new project and create a new composition, add a solid layer and apply the effect to the solid and scrub in the timeline to see if the particles are showing. If not, there must be something else going on that's preventing you from viewing the particles but I can't think of anything that would cause that problem. Maybe try trashing your preferences file, that fixes a lot of weird little buggy issues with AE. http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS37cb61f8f3397d86-164c9f...

I don't know what you are trying to do with Particle Playground but it's not the greatest or most intuitive particle effect. You might try CC Particle World or a paid plug-in like Trapcode Particular instead. Particle World comes with AE and is actually pretty powerful and not too difficult to use. There are plenty of tutorials out there on both of those particle effects.

HTH

-E

Return to posts index

Matt Shields
on Mar 20, 2011 at 4:44:06 pm

Thank you Erik

I get every thing that you show in your screen shots except for the particles!...I just tried to create a new project with a new solid background but it still didn't work...only get the transparent background and producer...I'll give the preferences file trashing suggestion a shot too..

My main goal with using particle playground was to create a particle field that had a certain direction to it. I'm working on a presentation about mold and wanted to have mold particles being blown from a certain point (in a controlled way). I don't think there is any way to set a mask that the particles will follow using any of the other plugins?

Again Thank You very much for your time!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 21, 2011 at 2:42:36 pm

You can create a precomp with a gradient map that will control the flow of particles in Foam. Foam is a very underused plugin that will be perfect for you. Not only can you control where the particles flow, but you can also play with the settings that make the particles stick to each other as mold spores would do.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Mar 21, 2011 at 4:59:43 pm

I never even thought of using "foam", that's a great idea.

Return to posts index

Matt Shields
on Mar 22, 2011 at 12:17:39 am

Thank You!

I've actually never used Foam before....Thank you for the tip!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]