FORUMS: list search recent posts

animation for broadcast ported to web

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anhtu Vu
animation for broadcast ported to web
on Feb 24, 2011 at 10:26:27 pm

I need to design an animated logo for my friend's company that would be used mainly for his web site.

I've been doing mostly motion graphics for broadcast so i was wondering if i can do the actual work in AE as usual then export it for web use or i should use something like flash or other web based animation apps . Suggestions ?? thanks

Return to posts index

Cory Petkovsek
Re: animation for broadcast ported to web
on Feb 24, 2011 at 10:30:52 pm
Last Edited By Cory Petkovsek on Nov 5, 2014 at 11:23:40 am

Yes AE will be able to do it for web just fine. Your final delivery should be in srgb, h264/aac in an mp4 container. Flash can read this natively, so you either use a flash video player, or incorporate it into a larger flash project. Using the built in adobe h264 encoder will give you sufficient, but mediocre results. A better h264 encoder like x264 will give high quality results.
Cory

--
Corporate Video

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Feb 24, 2011 at 10:36:02 pm

If you have CS5, you can animate at will in AE and then just export the project as a Flash project. All unsupported effects in Flash will be rasterized though. Once that is done you can open the project in Flash and export from there.
Or you can take Cory's suggestion and export a flash movie (f4v). Don't use AE though to export- open the AE project in Adobe Media Encoder and render from there- much better compression.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 24, 2011 at 10:55:32 pm

Should this animated logo for the web have any transparency in it?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Anhtu Vu
on Feb 24, 2011 at 11:47:21 pm

Thanks everyone for the reply,

Great news! that i can go on and design in AE as usual. I just checked the clients's website and they are using a simple static logo with a black bg for the introductory page. So my idea is to replace this page with an animated logo. The fonts of the loge has been provided on an Illustrator doc, basically, the template session of their business card.

You guys suggested that i do the animation in AE and use another encoding engine/app to encode to H264 for Flash.

1- Anyone knows if Flash will accept/read elementary AVC ( H264 ) stream from Sonic Cinevision encoder. I've been using Cinevision to encode all of our BluRay titles that goes to replication with great success. The only encoder that i've found of better quality is the Cinemacraft HD.

2-My animation will be over a black bg, will i end up seeing the border of this black bg once it is incorporated into the web browser, which is also black ( this will look ugly ). Ideally, i just want to have a logo animation with a transparent bg so the web guy can just lay it on top of any color bg from his web page.

3-What size do you guys suggest i should use for my comps/logo so that it will have an impact, but yet, light and speedy for web usage. Remember, this logo is on the first page where there will be nothing but the logo along with 2 small language selection ( french/english )

Thanks

Return to posts index

Cory Petkovsek
on Feb 25, 2011 at 12:19:03 am
Last Edited By Cory Petkovsek on Nov 5, 2014 at 11:23:49 am

Flash 9r3 and above supports h264 and aac natively in an mp4 or f4v container. Any encoder that gives you that should work directly in flash.

If the video background is black, you will see black on the display whether through a browser or a video player. If you want it transparent, then you need to encode it with an alpha channel in vp6 in an FLV container put the flash swf into transparent mode in the web code. You can create the transparent FLV in either AE, or by encoding an avi with flash. This can be an ordeal the first time you do it. It's simpler to use a matching color.

Make the video/comp size the size specified by the web designer. 100-200px tall is fair for a logo.

Cory

--
Corporate Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]