FORUMS: list search recent posts

using decimal point

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ronny Nuyens
using decimal point
on Feb 23, 2011 at 10:48:04 pm

Hey everybody, I'm new here and wanted to ask a question I've been struggling with for a while. When I want to change a parameter in After Effects into a number seperated by a comma (for example 1,5) I cannot use the point on the numeric keypad, when I type 1.5, it gives me 15, I'll have to type 1,5. I find this a bit ennoying because I always have to look for the "," on the keyboard while the "." is just at the tip of my fingers. Is there a way to change this?
Thanks for any help!
Ronny

Return to posts index

Joey Foreman
Re: using decimal point
on Feb 23, 2011 at 11:59:05 pm

Why would you expect a "." to return a ","? What if you wanted a value of (1.5,1)?

Joey Foreman
Editor/Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Ronny Nuyens
on Feb 24, 2011 at 10:52:27 am

Thanks for your response Joey. I see what you mean, but every time I type a number like "one and a half" I'll keep typing "1.5" instead of "1,5". But if that's just the way it is, no problem, I just thougt it was a setting somewhere.
Thanks again,
Ronny

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Feb 24, 2011 at 5:22:04 pm

i'm wondering if this is a keyboard/software language issue... like maybe you have a north american english version of ae, but a different language for your keyboard/os...

so ae is expecting to see a "." but the keyboard types a "," (or the other way around) so ae just removes the 'bad' character assuming it was a mistype....

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Ronny Nuyens
on Feb 24, 2011 at 8:55:14 pm

Hi Kevin, you're right, I found the solution. It seems that, depending on which keyboard language you choose, the point on the numeric keypad acts as a comma, or acts as a point. So in my case I had to switch from a United States layout to a Dutch, which is almost the same, except for the point.

Thank you for your time

Ronny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]