FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reverse Chroma Key?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dylan Dialto
Reverse Chroma Key?
on Feb 16, 2011 at 11:56:41 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to do a green screen shoot, except instead of replacing the background, I'd like to replace the person in the shot. I'd like to do this without greening the person, if possible. My thought was that After Effects would be capable of just doing a normal green screen effect, and then just inverting. I couldn't figure it out on my own, and googling around led me to some answers that seemed like they might be right but didn't seem to work for me. Probably I was just doing it incorrectly, since I have no After Effects training. If anyone could help me out with how to do this, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
Re: Reverse Chroma Key?
on Feb 17, 2011 at 1:18:54 am

Sorry to be so dense, but why shoot the person in the first place if you intend to replace them?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Beilin
on Feb 17, 2011 at 8:52:25 am

Might want to replace the green with one thing and the person with another.

What I'm imagining is replacing the green with a static background and filling the inverse of the green screen with black to create a world populated by shadows. IDK.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 17, 2011 at 3:25:06 pm

[Jonathan Beilin] "What I'm imagining is replacing the green with a static background and filling the inverse of the green screen with black to create a world populated "

This is a piece of cake. Using keylight, get your best-looking key; check it the various views. It can even be noisy in the core part of they key, it doesn't matter. Now apply AE's Fill effect, and make it black or something else along the gray scale. Done!

Yet another way to skin this particular cat.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dylan Dialto
on Feb 17, 2011 at 3:47:20 pm

Thanks for the help everyone, I guess there are a few ways this can be done. I just tried it out with some test footage and it seems to be working, so thanks again!

Return to posts index

Cory Petkovsek
on Feb 17, 2011 at 2:41:52 am

I think you want an inverted alpha channel:
http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/tutorials/04.Keying/

You should also do the rest of Andrew's basic training.
http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/

Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek
Corporate Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]