FORUMS: list search recent posts

cc composite

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Kocan
cc composite
on Jan 19, 2011 at 5:06:55 am

Im working with 32 bit exr's in a project and wanted to use cc composite. I noticed it was an 8bit effect and wasnt sure if it was okay to ignore, or if there was a similar effect for 32 bit?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: cc composite
on Jan 19, 2011 at 3:13:35 pm

[Michael Kocan] "Im working with 32 bit exr's in a project and wanted to use cc composite. I noticed it was an 8bit effect and wasnt sure if it was okay to ignore, or if there was a similar effect for 32 bit?"

Don't ignore it -- using an 8-bit effect with 32-bit footage in a 32-bit project will clobber your dynamic range. See the HDR Compander effect [link] for a technique to minimize the damage.

Perhaps some judicious layer duplicating with AE's regular transfer modes would let you accomplish the same thing without compressing and expanding your dynamic range?

As a side note, many of the Cycore's effects are available in 32-bit versions as part of the Cycore FX HD bundle [link] (though CC Composite is not one of them).

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Michael Kocan
on Jan 19, 2011 at 8:04:31 pm

Ahh..Okay, I have seen that effect before but never knew what it did. So there arent any real 32-bit effects that work the same way as CC Composite?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jan 19, 2011 at 9:35:18 pm

Check out Solid Composite.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Jan 19, 2011 at 9:42:47 pm

boris's composite effect may be 32-bit.

the calculations effect can do a lot of the same things as cc composite, but it is 16-bit (not sure if that helps at all)...

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]