FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particles to specific shape

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob Rasmussen
Particles to specific shape
on Jan 12, 2011 at 11:33:27 pm

Hi There,

I've tried to search the web and here for a solution, but no luck.

I'm wondering if it's possible to make the particles of trapcode particular, to form in to a specific shape..

I'm going to make some motiongraphics where there will be a fixed amount of little squares or so that change shape into different things, such as a heart, a letter etc.

maybe particular is not the way to do it - but then what should i do?

best regards,

Jacob

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Particles to specific shape
on Jan 13, 2011 at 2:23:13 pm

There are tons of tutorials and posts about this. Search for logo from particles or something like that. The basic thing is, you use Particular to explode your logo (text to sand [tons of tuts], shatter logo, logo to particles, etc.), then precompose it and time reverse the precomp.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jacob Rasmussen
on Jan 14, 2011 at 1:41:06 pm

Heya,

Thanks for your reply, but that's not what i'm looking for.. Maybe I didn't explain it properly, but the case is, I have i.e. 10 squares I want to be able to animate from one "pixel" like shape to the other, and so one.. That means it's not only one animation from shattered to assembled I need to do, but somekind of transformation from one shape to another several times.

I was thinking if it is possible to have a couple of overall vector shapes, and a lot of little squares that has to transform into the vector shapes, as close as possible - and then into another overall vector shape..

any ideas?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 14, 2011 at 8:51:05 pm

The only good way I know would be to animate them manually.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]