Q: how to automatically replace every other frame with a frame a second ahead

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Per Mertens
Q: how to automatically replace every other frame with a frame a second ahead
on Jan 10, 2011 at 12:01:19 pm

Hi,

I need help with an idea.
in a video i want to replace every second frame (or so) with a frame about a second ahead. the whole thing looks like to me like it could be easily done with expressions but im very bad at it, so i need your advice and help. thanks.

if someone wants to know whatfor the whole thing is: in my idea the whole thing would have some sort of 3d effect on the viewer if the replacer frame isnt to far away from the replaced frame and the frameswitching has the right speed.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Q: how to automatically replace every other frame with a frame a second ahead
on Jan 10, 2011 at 9:51:07 pm

a fairly easy and flexible way to try it would be to duplicate the clip, time offset the duplicate as desired, then add the strobe light effect to the top clip. set the strobe to affect visibility and set the other strobe properties to give alternate it every other frame (or so)...

if you wanted an expression to play around with, you could try something like this in the time remapping property:

offset = 30 // value in frames
time + framesToTime(timeToFrames()%2*offset)

every other frame should skip ahead by the offset amount.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Per Mertens
Re: Q: how to automatically replace every other frame with a frame a second ahead
on Jan 14, 2011 at 11:55:17 am

thanks for the fast reply. thanks very much. that's it already really.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]