Drag and drop

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Buoncristiano
Drag and drop
on Jan 6, 2011 at 2:12:18 am

Hello,
I have 2 issues.
1.) cannot drag and drop files (jpeg sequence,wav,avi, or anything) from folder into project window in after effects. It shows a "no" symbol like no smoking sign.
2.) i cannot open a mocha track txt. copy it, and paste it onto a solid in after effects. Although i can do a track in mocha and "copy to clipboard" and paste that.

Running: Gateway FX. Windows 7, Intel i7, 64bit. ATI Radeon.

Please help.
Jeff B.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Drag and drop
on Jan 6, 2011 at 5:00:08 pm

[Jeffrey Buoncristiano] "Running: Gateway FX. Windows 7, Intel i7, 64bit. ATI Radeon."
  • What AE version?
  • How much RAM on this thing?
  • Are you trying to use Open GL?
  • Are you simply trying to drag & drop footage into a layer's effects pane rather than the project pane?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Buoncristiano
on Jan 6, 2011 at 11:04:20 pm

1. AE version = 9.0.3 (windows)
2. RAM 8 Gig
3. I am sometimes using open GL - interactive.
4...."Are you simply trying to drag & drop footage into a layer's effects pane rather than the project pane?" .... No. I am trying to import files via drag and drop of any type INTO the "Project" panel from a folder. I can drag FROM though. Related import issues are that I can't copy and paste keyframe data and that I can't even double click on something in bridge to import like with premier.
The only way i can seem to import anything, is to double click in the project panel or file-import.
thank you.

Return to posts index

April Henderson
on Jan 13, 2011 at 3:16:40 am

Hi. I had this problem too. Then I realized that on Win 7 64 I had change the compatibility mode of AFX CS3 to Windows XP SP3 mode because this made the Vector Paint effect work properly.

So...I just went in and turned off compatibility mode. Now drag and drop works again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]