FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange Render/Output Issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby Dorrance
Strange Render/Output Issue
on Dec 15, 2010 at 5:35:03 pm

Hello everyone, I have a very strange issue thats been going on for a couple of days now. Im doing work for a client, and at the end of the day, I typically output a quicktime movie for him to see, just so he knows the current status of the project. My issue is that the quicktime movie is showing a black screen on any computer other than the one im doing the project on. The audio works fine, but all im getting visually, is a black screen.

Breakdown:
I do project on my MacBook pro.
The day comes to an end.
I export a quicktime movie using HDV 1080p24 codec.
I enable audio.
I begin render.
Render finishes.
I view quicktime movie on my laptop which the project was done on and everything works perfectly fine.

Now, if I drop the mov file on a server, if I put it on a flash drive, if I put it on a data cd, any situation where the quicktime movie is viewed on another computer besides the original laptop, I get a black screen. I have rendered and done many outputs before and never had this problem. I have tried viewing on multiple computers all with updated versions of quicktime player. No madder what I do, I cannot get any visual of a mov file on any other computer.

I am so thankful to all answers,

Looking forward to finding the solution,

thank you all,

Bobby D

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Strange Render/Output Issue
on Dec 15, 2010 at 5:53:04 pm

[Bobby Dorrance] "I export a quicktime movie using HDV 1080p24 codec.... I cannot get any visual of a mov file on any other computer."

How many of those computers have the Apple HDV codec on them? Only yours, I bet.

If you're up for God-awful long exports, you could give H.264 a shot. Or use something other than AE to convert to H.264. It doesn't have to be expecially good-looking. It's not like you're rendering for the ages or anything, you just need a codec the client can see.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Bobby Dorrance
on Dec 15, 2010 at 5:58:07 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the super quick response. Other codecs are working and not working at the same time. Honestly, I have no idea why I was exporting at that HDV codec in the first place. The project was shot on 5d. I was just having a brain poof when I was doing that. However, I have tried exporting a quicktime h264. I now have both visual and audio. The quality of the video is crisp but it is jumpy. It is not smooth at all. Not sure what to try next.

Again, thank you for the quick response

Bobby D

Return to posts index

Bobby Dorrance
on Dec 15, 2010 at 6:03:06 pm

Hey,

Just figured everything out. The computer I tried the H264 on was a little bit older. Just tried it on a new mac and everything worked to perfection. Thank you for the quick response.

To anyone who has this issue. Make sure your using a codec that is friendly with the computers you intend to view it on and make sure your using a computer that can handle it and youll be good to go.

Bobby D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]