FORUMS: list search recent posts

Randomize Time for 225 Soldiers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cutter Johnston
Randomize Time for 225 Soldiers
on Nov 24, 2010 at 5:53:30 pm

Using D. Ebberts expression for Inverse Kinematics I have 225 solders marching beautifully. How can I randomize the motion for a more realistic effect? I have randomized Time Remapping but I do not want them jumping back and forth in time. A subtle variation in their movement is the effect I am after.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Randomize Time for 225 Soldiers
on Dec 1, 2010 at 7:20:15 pm

There are is actually more than one Dan Ebberts solution to inverse kinematics, so it may help to link to the resource you used.

Are they just walking? There's a tutorial here for looping a walk cycle, you could just precomp the soldier on an endless loop and just shift the compositions around in time (or perhaps using an expression to randomize the starting time in a time remap...)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Cutter Johnston
on Dec 7, 2010 at 2:48:45 pm

Michael-

...an expression to randomize the starting time in a remap...

What would that be and is it possible to only have go forward?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 7, 2010 at 4:38:28 pm

I don't know expressions well enough to type it out off the top of my head and I can't test it because my computer's in the middle of something, but I'll bet if you used time + (the layer's index multiplied by either a constant or a random number), you'd get something workable. You would merely have to apply that to all the layers (or apply it to one layer and duplicate that layer 224 times).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]