FORUMS: list search recent posts

Install CS5 Upgrade

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted Strickler
Install CS5 Upgrade
on Sep 25, 2010 at 8:44:10 pm

I will be upgrading my entire system very soon but not sure about the upgrade protocol.

I currently have CS3 on a 32 bit Windows system and plan to get a new 64 bit computer and the CS5 Production upgrade. My question is: do I have to install my CS3 software onto my new system before I can install the CS5 software?

Ted

Return to posts index

David Johnson
Re: Install CS5 Upgrade
on Sep 26, 2010 at 2:20:25 am

No ... each version of the Adobe Suite is independent ... I don't recall for sure whether you'd need the CS3 serial to install CS5, but you definitely don't have to install both versions.

You can if you want to though ... I currently have CS3 & CS4 on one machine, CS2, CS3 & CS4 on another and CS2 & CS3 on another ... when I go to CS5, I'll have CS3 and CS5 on them all (just been on CS4 too short a time to need it again for anything).

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Install CS5 Upgrade
on Sep 26, 2010 at 3:16:40 am

[David Johnson] "I currently have CS3 & CS4 on one machine, CS2, CS3 & CS4 on another and CS2 & CS3 on another ... when I go to CS5, I'll have CS3 and CS5 on them all"

I'd second the recommendation to install both versions. It works perfectly fine -- just be sure to install the older versions first.

Also, remember that AE CS5 is 64-bit only and requires updates to all your plugins -- the old 32-bit plugins will not work in AE CS5. Since there are still some major plugins that haven't been updated, you may still want to have AE CS3/CS4 around.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]