FORUMS: list search recent posts

convert trapcode Particular Particles to Null Objects in 3D Space

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Skoz
convert trapcode Particular Particles to Null Objects in 3D Space
on Sep 24, 2010 at 3:27:15 pm

Hey guys,

has anyone an idea or expression how to convert trapcode Particular Particles to Null Objects in 3D Space...

My aim is to generate particles and to use the 3D position for more/other sprites/textured Polygones. And to achive better adjustment/control options.

My Set-up is like.

Emitter Grid: texture
> Layer Emitter: > Layer Sampling: Current Time > Layer RGB Usage: Lightress - Size

Visible Particles are: 525 particles in 3D Space

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: convert trapcode Particular Particles to Null Objects in 3D Space
on Sep 24, 2010 at 6:48:21 pm

Unfortunately, you can't do anything to get those particles out of Particular. Now, Particular does have quite a few powerful options for texturing the particles. What are you actually trying to do? Perhaps someone may have a suggestion on how it can be accomplished.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Michael Skoz
on Sep 26, 2010 at 11:02:02 am

Thanks for your response Michael,

there are quiet a lot reasons not to use particular for texturing the polygones. I need the full control over every of the 5xx particles. And the opportunity to export their 3D Space position. I love 'particular' it is a real powerful particle System, but it is not practical for an further advance use.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Sep 27, 2010 at 1:14:52 pm

You need full control over each element? Do you mean things like scale, opacity, and position? I'm still not quite understanding what you're trying to do. You're talking about techniques you want, not the end result you're after. In After Effects there is often more than one way to get an end result so perhaps if you were to share what you were trying to accomplish we could come up with some better ideas.
Anyway, perhaps this tutorial would help.

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Michael Skoz
on Sep 27, 2010 at 4:26:58 pm

Thank you for your reply, awesome tutorial!

I need the control over the x-position,z-position and scale...it has to be propotional to each other...this effect is possible with trapcode....if you use emitt from grid. But i need also the control over the sprites...if i wonna change any texture and there are quitly over 300....so particular only offer a random selection.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Sep 28, 2010 at 1:34:36 pm

Any chance multiple instances of the Card Dance effect would work?

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]