FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Hardison
Sound issues
on Sep 24, 2010 at 1:00:26 am

The audio I am editing in AE CS4 sounds different when rendered out. I get all my levels like i want them inside the program but when I play the rendered movie it sounds different. Not a huge difference but my voice over and music levels are not the same as when inside the program. Has anyone ever heard of this problem?

Return to posts index

Gary Hazen
Re: Sound issues
on Sep 24, 2010 at 4:18:50 am

AE is a poor choice for audio work. Edit and mix the original audio in your NLE or DAW. The audio you import into AE should be used for reference only. Bring your AE renders back into your NLE and match them back up to the audio master tracks.

Return to posts index

Mitch Hardison
on Sep 24, 2010 at 12:21:41 pm

what is nle and daw? I have final cut. Maybe I should export all my audio from there

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Sep 24, 2010 at 1:25:05 pm

Final Cut is an NLE (Non-Linear Editor)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Gary Hazen
on Sep 24, 2010 at 2:43:26 pm

DAW means Digital Audio Workstation.
In simple terms it's a software app to mix sound such as Pro Tools or Soundtrack Pro.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 24, 2010 at 3:02:58 pm

I'm with the other guys: AE pretty much stinks on ice for audio editing. In your case, I'd get the audio right in FCP or Soundtrack, and export an aiff for reference ONLY. There is rarely any need to render audio with video in AE.

I almost NEVER render audio. I can't remember the last time I rendered audio with video. And I work with back-to-back shots that have lip-sync audio in them, too. No problems.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 24, 2010 at 3:49:05 pm

I need to add this, too, since you're an FCP/AE guy:

Never, EVER use compressed audio! No mp3's! No ac3's! No AAC, ADX, AUD-X, no flac or oog vorbis, or whatever they call it! For you, it's aiff's at 48kHz, 16 or 24 bits all the way in both applications. No exceptions. You got something else? Convert it.

Okay, wav files can be grudgingly accepted. The conspiracy theorist in me still thinks there's something foreign about 'em.

And if you're on AE 10 (aka CS5), get the free upgrade, which fixes the problem AE had with aiff's. If you're on AE9, upgrade for free to AE 9.0.2 if you haven't done so yet.

End of sermon.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]