FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Playback

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Till
Audio Playback
on Sep 14, 2010 at 4:32:21 pm

Hey Everyone,

I'm having an issue currently that strikes me as a little odd. I've been working on a project for a few weeks, swapping out files as need for each new render. I was working on it today, and for some reason it sounds as if my audio is playing back slower than it should be. Not that it is effecting the time, but the pitch is dropped like it's slowing down.

I haven't messed with any frame rates, it just arbitrarily started happening. I'm scrubbing the audio with Command+Drag and even in Audio Preview Ctrl+'.' I've been using mp3s saved from Garageband of some voice over, I know AE usually has issues with compressed audio, but until this moment it hasn't given me any issues. The frame rate is 29.97 and at RAM Preview it's playing real time.

Is this just a glitch or do I need to fix a setting?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Return to posts index

Robert Till
Re: Audio Playback Addendum
on Sep 14, 2010 at 4:34:25 pm

Just as another note. The audio in the actual rendered file sounds correct.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Audio Playback
on Sep 14, 2010 at 4:37:14 pm

[Robert Till] "I've been using mp3s saved from Garageband of some voice over, I know AE usually has issues with compressed audio, but until this moment it hasn't given me any issues."

Consider yourself lucky that you got it to work previously. Ever since I started using AE with version 3, it has never, EVER played nicely with compressed audio.

You really do need to convert mp3 audio to something uncompressed. If you currently run AE 10, consider converting to wav files until further notice. Using an earlier version? Aiff's are okay.

Sorry, but there isn't any way around converting mp3's.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Robert Till
on Sep 14, 2010 at 4:53:42 pm

Thanks for the rapid response. I gave that a shot, but am still experiencing the slow sound with WAV files. It's like the pitch got dragged down a bit.

None of the audio has any effects either, I made sure to check each one.

Any more advice? The audio isn't synching, it's more just BG music and VO. And like I said, the render is fine, but the women sound like men in the previews.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 14, 2010 at 5:00:05 pm

What happens when you do a RAM Preview or just hit the period key on the numeric keypad?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Robert Till
on Sep 14, 2010 at 5:04:36 pm

The RAM Preview plays real time, as does the audio preview, they just sound slow. The timing is still correct on the audio though.

Return to posts index

Robert Till
on Sep 14, 2010 at 5:30:33 pm

And now it's apparently back to working fine. No idea, I didn't touch anything for about 20 minutes and it's stopped doing it. I know it's not a fixed, so if anyone still has some insight, I'd be glad for the input.

And thanks for the help Dave.

Rob

Return to posts index

Scott Bush
on Sep 14, 2010 at 6:03:53 pm

Not the same issue, but the recent .1 AE update fixed all of the issues I was having with AIFF files (ram previews would be all over the place - I'd preview from the end or middle, but I'd get audio from the beginning).

Worth an update if you haven't already anyway.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Sep 14, 2010 at 10:44:28 pm

Right! A lot fixes in the latest update. Check it out if you already have not done so.

Kevin Monahan
Sr. Content and Community Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]