FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi-Cut Video (with premiere)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Chandler
Multi-Cut Video (with premiere)
on Aug 18, 2010 at 4:09:07 am

So I own the Production Premium, but before that I just had premiere, and since I got AE I've tried my hands at compositing...all of which were one shot videos

My question then is to you, how do you go about editing a multi-cut movie, I have a couple ideas in mind, but I figure a more experienced user could help me out...

Thanks,

Alex

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Multi-Cut Video (with premiere)
on Aug 18, 2010 at 10:01:25 am

If I understand correctly you are wondering how you can play with a premiere project in After Effects- if that is so, then it's really easy. Just import the Premiere project in AE and open the sequence you want to work on. AE will open that as a composition with all your cuts as layers.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior Compositor/VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

Alex Chandler
on Aug 18, 2010 at 3:29:04 pm

Oh! Alright, that makes a lot more sense then what I was doing yesterday...I was taking individual clips into AE editing them and then bringing them back into premiere...but what you're suggesting sounds like it would save me a lot of time!

Thanks for your input,

Alex

Return to posts index

Alex Chandler
on Aug 26, 2010 at 7:07:06 pm

hey so I was finally just getting around to importing my first premiere project into AE, I pulled the Premiere Sequence over to AE and it imported but I was unable to open it to a point where it showed all the different cuts that were in Premiere, did I miss a simple step? amy help would be appreciated, thanks

Return to posts index

Alex Chandler
on Aug 26, 2010 at 7:15:00 pm

hold the french toast sticks, there's a right click option for importing...so if anyone else finds this...in AE right click in project tab and then there is an import selection, choose Premiere Pro project and then it's intuitive...Awesome! Sorry to have bothered you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]