FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mimicking a Rolodex / flipping a video clip

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arash Sahba
Mimicking a Rolodex / flipping a video clip
on Jul 21, 2010 at 5:02:18 am

I was wondering what technique in after effects I could use to get the Fifth effect on the video on this site.
http://finalcutprotemplates.com/templates/
I've seen this effect used many times and was wondering if there was a tutorial that had an easier solution than manual keyframing the motion to it.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Mimicking a Rolodex / flipping a video clip
on Jul 21, 2010 at 1:04:57 pm

If you mean the bouncing motion, you can use expressions to get that. This tutorial may give you some ideas. And you should definitely check out Dan Ebberts' site which is chock full of expressiony goodness.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Arash Sahba
on Jul 21, 2010 at 5:54:41 pm

Ok so I make the video rotate on the top of the image with an x rotation (3d on).

It worked fine but I wanted decay and used this (found on the site given)...

freq = 1.0; //oscillations per second
amplitude = 50;
decay = 0.7;

amplitude*Math.sin(freq*time*2*Math.PI)/Math.exp(decay*time)

Problem is the expression is causing the decay from the beginning and isn't the image rotate (flip) onto the screen. So it's one or the other. Without the expression it does the flip but without the decay. With the expression is does the decay, starting a small flap, but it isn't starting from the top.

How can I add the decay to the rotation I had already set. Where it starts from the top, then flaps down, with a quick decay.

I hope that isn't confusing.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 21, 2010 at 8:39:02 pm

You might look in the expressions forum to see if this has been answered before. If not, there would be a great place to post a new question.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]