FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render time increased without reason

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Sullivan
Render time increased without reason
on Jul 16, 2010 at 1:06:26 pm

I have a fairly complex composition with large layered files. It was taking about 10-12 hours to Render which I expected. However, after making some minimal changes now the Render times has jumped to 30 hours! I can't figure out what has caused such a radical change in render times. Any ideas on where to look?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Render time increased without reason
on Jul 16, 2010 at 1:13:23 pm

Letting us know what changes you made may help....

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania
http://www.ennstudio.ro

Return to posts index

Mike Sullivan
on Jul 16, 2010 at 1:27:52 pm

I can't remember specifically, but one thing was a tint effect to some graphics. Nothing super render intensive. When I twirl down the current render details the things that take the most time are "retrieving frames" I do have some large graphics and that is why the original renders were taking 10-12 hours. Like I said, that was expected, but not 30 hours.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Jul 16, 2010 at 1:49:37 pm

Since you mentioned that your graphics are large I can see how applying even just one more effect to the graphics themselves could change your render time. Can you pre-render some of the graphics and apply fx after that - this may actually shorten your final rendering time.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania
http://www.ennstudio.ro

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jul 16, 2010 at 8:41:13 pm

In addition to Tudor's suggestions, there are some tips here for improving performance: "Improve performance".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]