FORUMS: list search recent posts

project settings to another

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mathew lisett
project settings to another
on Jul 11, 2010 at 10:24:11 am

ok so i need to be able to copy one project effects settings which are many layers and different on all of the sections, and copy them onto another project.

is this possible? or do i just have the option of copying it over each clip manually.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: project settings to another
on Jul 11, 2010 at 11:37:05 am

Are you asking about project settings, or are you asking about the contens of a project, such as compositions and layers? Your question isn't clear.

You can import one After Effects project into another and then use whatever pieces you want from the imported project.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

mathew lisett
on Jul 11, 2010 at 11:41:55 am

my appologise, i have a previous project which has a single effect on all the layers. but i now want those settings ie the effects in the project to now be in the newer project which has far more work done on it, but i need the previous project "effect" settings onto this newer project.

i know now how to add effect settings from a layer and add them to all selected layers in a project, i just dont know how to take the effects settings from a previous project and add to the newer project.

hope this is clearer

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
on Jul 11, 2010 at 2:48:08 pm

Search the AE Help for "save animation preset".

Return to posts index

mathew lisett
on Jul 14, 2010 at 1:22:14 am

from what im reading, this only works with single layers.

so how do i do this with multiple layers., as all layers have different settings of the same filter.

Return to posts index

Garth Spruiell
on Jul 14, 2010 at 5:30:04 pm

I may be wrong. But, I have tried and asked and tried and read and I think the answer is, "You can't copy full compositions from one project to another."

Return to posts index

mathew lisett
on Jul 14, 2010 at 5:38:41 pm

yeah i think i came to that thought last night, so i saved each layered clip as a preset and marked there times down for each one and went that route.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 14, 2010 at 5:40:29 pm

[Garth Spruiell] "You can't copy full compositions from one project to another."

Sure you can... but you can't copy the comps themselves. You have to import the PROJECT that contains the comps you want. Then be careful removing the stuff you don't want!

And you can't import project files from a later AE version into an earlier AE version.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jul 14, 2010 at 5:40:54 pm

> I may be wrong. But, I have tried and asked and tried and read and I think the answer is, "You can't copy full compositions from one project to another."

Import one project into the other, and you can use all of the compositions from the imported project.

You can use several features to prune a project either before or after this importing of one into the other. See "Remove items from a project".

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

mathew lisett
on Jul 14, 2010 at 5:44:35 pm

well i tried the proect import, but nothign showed up for its effect settings

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 14, 2010 at 6:10:08 pm

If those effects involve third-party plugins you don't have on your machine, they won't be there.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

mathew lisett
on Jul 14, 2010 at 6:15:20 pm

as far as im aware neat video plugin should be fine as it was workign fine with its original project

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]