FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS5 Quicktime >2GB file problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Jenkins
CS5 Quicktime >2GB file problem
on Jul 9, 2010 at 12:42:32 am

Hi guys, I've moved over to AE CS5 and it seems any renders above 2GB are giving me problems.

When trying to open in Quicktime Player I get:

The document “example.mov” could not be opened. The movie is not in a format that QuickTime Player understands. You may need to install additional software to open this type of file.

I can't import the render back into any program including After Effects, Avid or Sorenson Squeeze, all giving me errors of the same or similar description.

I have also recently upgraded to Avid Media Composer 5, is anyone aware of this causing problems?

I just went to update Quicktime from the Apple website and it would'nt upgrade to Quicktime 7.6.6 as it found Quicktime X already installed.
There are no updates to Quicktime when I run software update.

In system profiler/frameworks Quicktime is listed as 7.6.3.

It's a Mac Pro 4,1 8 core OSX 10.6.2

One other thing, I'm saving directly to an XSERVE, I will try and export to my desktop to see if this helps.

Thanks for any help, usually when something like this happens it gives a bunch of people problems but I see no-one has run into this so far?

Best regards,
Danny

Return to posts index

Danny Jenkins
Re: CS5 Quicktime >2GB file problem
on Jul 9, 2010 at 1:47:24 am

I've narrowed it down to it being a problem rendering directly to our XSERVE, it exports fine to my desktop and I can then copy the file across to the server. Will update once I find a solution.

So not an after effects problem as far as I can see.

Return to posts index

Bryan Everett
on Jul 9, 2010 at 5:09:39 pm

I don't see how this can be anything other than a After Effects CS5 issue. I'm having the same issue with my renders crashing at 2.15GB. This problem was not apparent in CS4 and started immediately after a CS5 upgrade.

It does seem to only happen when you render to a network drive, but the problem absolutely is not with the Xserve or network drive, but a fault somewhere in CS5.

Return to posts index

Sebastien PANCRAZI
on Jul 18, 2010 at 8:26:29 am

Could it be because its FAT32 formated drive network?
FAT 32 is limited to 2gb file

Return to posts index

Michael Duff
on Jul 26, 2010 at 1:32:50 pm

Hi!
Did you find a solution to this??? My eyes are bleeding as I sit here at 6.30am after a night of rendering out 2.15GB pieces!
Exactly the same deal, but we rendering to a NAS via ethernet.

No problems with CS4.

Drive is formated ext3.

Please help ....

Michael Duff -
Bearcage Productions, Australia
http://www.bearcage.com.au

Return to posts index

Michael Duff
on Jul 26, 2010 at 1:49:10 pm

FYI link below - anyone found a workaround to this besides rendering to the local drive?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/680432?tstart=0

Michael Duff -
Bearcage Productions, Australia
http://www.bearcage.com.au

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]