FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyframing multiple layers in CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Waluska
Keyframing multiple layers in CS5
on Jul 4, 2010 at 11:35:51 pm

Hi,
I just noticed that in CS5, if you select more than one layer and click on a properties stop watch to set a keyframe it sets a keyframe for all selected layers as expected. However, if you click and drag across several properties like x, y and z rotation for example, it only sets keyframes for that layer.

I skipped CS4 and am just getting acquainted with CS5 so I'm not sure if this is by design or if it's a bug because it didn't work this way in CS3.

-E

Return to posts index

Adriano Moraes
Re: Keyframing multiple layers in CS5
on Jul 5, 2010 at 1:56:07 am

Hi Erik!

Over here it works perfectly. Click and drag, drag and click...no matter what I do it keyframes all the layers and all the properties selected.

It´s probably one of those misteries like: is lebron really landing in chicago or all this free agent nonsense is only gonna end the way it started?

By the way I´m running CS5 production premium on windows vista and on mac OSX snow......

Both behave as they should.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Jul 5, 2010 at 4:31:26 am

Hey Adriano,
Thanks a lot for checking. I'm on Windows 7 so maybe that has something to do with it.

Anyone else running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit with CS5 and having this problem?

I also noticed that if you select multiple layers and click/drag across the add/remove keyframe buttons instead of the stopwatches to set keyframes for more than one property it also deselects all of the other layers.

-E

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jul 6, 2010 at 6:37:33 am

If you're seeing unexpected behavior, please file a bug report.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Jul 6, 2010 at 2:41:20 pm

Hey Todd, I did finally file a bug report last night. I was just trying to confirm that someone else was having the same problem first.

-E

Return to posts index

erik kaiser
on Oct 24, 2012 at 9:44:04 am

i just got the same problem.. maybe i accidentally hit some key which is a shortcut to that strange behaviour. did you find any soluten to that problem already?

Return to posts index

erik kaiser
on Oct 24, 2012 at 9:56:45 am

forgot to add somethg...
weirdly it works for the "standard" values like transparency, position, etc. but not for glow and other filters..

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Oct 28, 2012 at 9:29:47 pm

Hey Erik, Nice name! And spelled correctly too. hehe

No I never figured it out, and to be honest I'm not totally sure I was ever able to click and drag to keyframe multiple properties on more than one layer at a time. Maybe I just thought it used to work that way. You can do one property at a time across multiple layers though.

It should work on effect properties as well, but you have to select the effect name ("glow", for example) or individual property ("glow radius", etc.) in each layer. It doesn't work if you just have the layers selected.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]