FORUMS: list search recent posts

Zooming through roof of house, through loft floorboards, into my room.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Morgan
Zooming through roof of house, through loft floorboards, into my room.
on Jun 27, 2010 at 12:20:47 pm

Hey guys,

Here is what I want my final piece to look like:

It starts off with the Earth in space. The camera then zooms down to my house, going through my roof, through the loft floorboards, and then into my room.. all from above.

I can do the bit where the camera zooms down to my house from Earth but I'm just wondering how I go about zooming through the roof of my house, through the loft floorboards and into my room.

What I thought I could do is maybe find a high resolution photograph on the internet of some old floorboards or something and use them as the floorboards in the loft. I then thought that I could take a high quality photograph using my SLR camera.. i could stand on a chair or something, and hold the camera out on its tripod and take an aerial shot of the room.

So the camera zooms through the roof, through the loft floorboards, and then into my room. Also.. How would I make the transition of going through the roof of my house into the loft, and then through the floorboards into my room?

Have I got the right idea here? I am new to After Effects so I don't really know that much about it.

I am pretty good with Photoshop if that helps at all, with creating images for example.

Would really appreciate it if you could give me your ideas!

Thanks guys,
Adam.

Return to posts index

Andy George
Re: Zooming through roof of house, through loft floorboards, into my room.
on Jun 27, 2010 at 5:24:53 pm

Hi Adam,

Check out this tutorial over at Video Copilot where the camera drops
through layers of "ground" to reveal an underground garage. Sounds
like your trying to do a similar effect-

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/submerged/

-Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]