FORUMS: list search recent posts

Purple Footage on import?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate McNeil
Purple Footage on import?
on Jun 22, 2010 at 1:34:55 pm

So I'm on a tight roto deadline, hoping that CS5 Roto brush will come in handy, unfortunately I've hit a snag before I've even begun.

I export my Apple Pro Res 422 footage as a straight Export To Quicktime Movie.

Here's the awesome part; When I bring this footage into After Effects CS5 it becomes purple with vertical bands.

I've re-exported the clips, played with the footage interpretation, and tested the Master Clip as well with no luck. Unfortunately Re-capturing the master clip is not an option. This seems to be an issue only with this footage.

The other strange part is that this footage works fine in CS4, which is a workflow option, but like I said, Lots of roto, very little time to do it, was hoping for roto brush.

If anyone out there has come across this before, You'll be my hero if you've got a fix. Thanks in advance,

Nate

Return to posts index

Nate McNeil
Re: Purple Footage on import?
on Jun 22, 2010 at 1:50:21 pm

I've found a very slow work around, so I'm still hoping someone figures this out better.

If I bring into CS4, and then Render out as an image sequence it fixes this issue. But with such a tight deadline, I'm not a fan of this method.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Todd Kopriva
on Jun 22, 2010 at 4:12:54 pm

See this page for a possible solution for your ProRes 422 issue:
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/05/prores-4444-and-prores-422-in.ht...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Nate McNeil
on Jun 23, 2010 at 7:30:29 pm

Worked like a charm. Links on that page helped me fix a couple other things too. Thanks a million!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]