FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects user unite -- for a request to Adobe & to Vendors

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Wall
After Effects user unite -- for a request to Adobe & to Vendors
on Jun 3, 2010 at 8:50:58 pm

I have to believe I'm not alone about this, and hope to find others who will chime in to make this a group request to all plugin vendors...and perhaps to Adobe.

I love versiontracker.com because I can quickly and easily see if I am using the latest version of a software app.

But keeping track of versions for my plugins is a nightmare. Many vendors do not make it easy to track software updates. Why can't vendors make this information prominent on home pages or on a single dedicated page?

Our latest versions:
lightsaber plugin: 2.2.1
deathstar plugin: 3.1.4
hotbabe plugin: 1.01

I might be inclined to build a site or page to centralize all AE plugin versions so that in one location the community can readily track versioning. Would that be of value? But it would seem to make more sense if Adobe had such a web page...that listed not only all the plugins but the latest versions.

Life is full of funny particles.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: After Effects user unite -- for a request to Adobe & to Vendors
on Jun 4, 2010 at 1:33:26 am

Before you go and recreate something that already exists, make sure that you've checked out the pages that are linked to from here: "Where to find more plug-ins for After Effects"

I've always found the Toolfarm and Mylenium plug-in guides to be what I need.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Craig Wall
on Jun 4, 2010 at 2:13:20 am

Todd,

I don't see any listing of version numbers. That's the salient point here.

Maybe there are fewer people annoyed than I thought by the time required to scour sites for updates.

Life is full of funny particles.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jun 4, 2010 at 2:45:47 am

> I don't see any listing of version numbers. That's the salient point here.

I see version numbers.

For example, here's a snippet from the Optical Flares entry on the Mylenium site (http://www.aeplugins.myleniumstuff.de/):

"Availability: CS3, CS4, CS5, Mac intel, PC
Latest version: 1.2.123
Vendor: Video Copilot "

And here's a page full of version numbers from the Toolfarm site:
http://toolfarm.stores.yahoo.net/digieffects1.html

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]