FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting Animation million + from AE to FCP

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Teulon
Exporting Animation million + from AE to FCP
on May 25, 2010 at 1:20:51 am

Trying to export Animation million + (with transparent background) file out of AE so I can use it in FCP. Each time I export the fps change. Native FPS is 25 - when I view the exported file in Quicktime, with Inspector, it tells me that the fps is only 24.9 or 24.1 or somewhere in between. FCP won't import the outputed file.
I have used this workflow in the past without any problem - not sure why it is not working now. Any suggestions. Thank you

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Exporting Animation million + from AE to FCP
on May 25, 2010 at 2:40:37 am

Don't trust Quicktime to give you an accurate frame rate reading. Take it into FCP and see what it says in the browser: you'll breathe a sigh of relief.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Teulon
on May 25, 2010 at 3:48:31 am

Thanks Dave, but unfortunately FCP won't let me import the file. It comes up with the following message - File Error: 1 file(s) recognized, 0 access denied, 1 unknown.Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 25, 2010 at 2:40:41 pm

[Michael Teulon] "It comes up with the following message - File Error: 1 file(s) recognized, 0 access denied, 1 unknown."

Now, THAT'S weird.

This sounds like it's primarily FCP weirdness, but it's no good having two question marks, one in AE, one in FCP -- get rid of one of them first.

I'll presume you know the litany of things to do in FCP.

In AE, double check the footage's codec in QT, double-check that you didn't use any native HDV footage in AE, then simply re-render the comp and try the rendered file again.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]