FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keying Question.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Russell
Keying Question.
on May 20, 2010 at 7:00:12 pm

Hello, This may be a simple question but I am hopign someone can help. What is the easiest way to key a layer based on the colors in another layer? Does that make sense? :)
Thanks,Craig

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Keying Question.
on May 20, 2010 at 7:15:53 pm

You can eyedropper the second layer's color when you select the key color.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Craig Russell
on May 20, 2010 at 7:36:26 pm

Hi Dave - I attempted that however it is no responding. I have tried multiple key effects. ANy other ideas? Is there any other way to reference the object to key from beneath it?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 20, 2010 at 7:52:56 pm

Tear off a tab? Make a solid the color in question? Take a flippin' screen shot? C'mon, get inventive, willya?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Craig Russell
on May 20, 2010 at 8:16:03 pm

Apologies. I'm trying. Maybe this image helps?
http://www.hybrid7.com/help.jpg

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on May 20, 2010 at 9:27:36 pm

Create the transparency in layer 2 (the one with the head)---using keying effects, masking, Roto Brush, or whatever. Set that layer as a track matte (alpha matte) for layer 1.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 20, 2010 at 9:47:19 pm

...and in addition to what Todd says, I wouldn't expect to do any keying, if I were you.

That's guy's against a light blue background. Frankly, it stinks for keying. Oh, you can give it a shot, but after you throw your hands up in frustration, you can start making a mask around that head.

If the head happens to move, you'll have to animate the mask... a process known as "rotoscoping".

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]