FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe after effects CS3 plugins into CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
santosh khad
Adobe after effects CS3 plugins into CS5
on May 7, 2010 at 8:40:55 am

Hi !!
I just want to know if the adobe after effects cs3 plug ins will work in adobe after effects CS5

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Adobe after effects CS3 plugins into CS5
on May 7, 2010 at 2:32:00 pm

[santosh khad] "...I just want to know if the adobe after effects cs3 plug ins will work in adobe after effects CS5..."

No. They will not.

AE 8 (aka CS3) is a 32-bit application, but AE 10 is a 64-bit application. Plugin developers have to re-write the code to make them work in AE 10. Red Giant Software is a soft of internet plugin supermarket. If you go to the web site, you will find an explanation about 64-bit.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on May 8, 2010 at 3:37:35 pm

I just wanted to back Dave up on this important point.

from After Effects Help:
"Important: Because After Effects CS5 is a 64-bit application, only 64-bit plug-ins can run in After Effects CS5. Plug-ins created for previous, 32-bit versions of After Effects will not run in After Effects CS5. To inquire about availability of 64-bit versions of plug-ins, contact the plug-in vendor or provider."

There's more information toward the bottom of that page about where to find information about 64-bit plug-ins.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Kim Segel
on May 10, 2010 at 5:35:11 am

...there are however 2 bits of good news on this:

1. Adobe is including a free old 32 bit version with your CS5 purchase. So if you absolutely have to use a plug-in, you could use that.

2. Scripts (at least the ones I've tried so far) seem to work fine in 64 bit CS5 AE.

Kim

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

--Emo Philips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]