FORUMS: list search recent posts

Installed adobe creative suite to snow leopard, all programs open except after effects... HELP!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kurt hudson
Installed adobe creative suite to snow leopard, all programs open except after effects... HELP!
on Mar 25, 2010 at 2:00:16 pm

Im sure many of you have had this problem and im sure there are many threads on this subject, I hate to be redundant but I really need to fix this issue as I have a job that has to be done this week and I have nothing to work on it on because of this.. Everything installed perfectly fine, serials worked fine, photoshop illustrator work fine... I click after effects to open it and it either bounces once or twice then does nothing. There was one instance where it came open for a second but then shut off and I cant get it to do it again.. I just got the computer yesterday a $3000 new iMac and this is the crap i gotta deal with lol... I tried reinstalling just after effects (without uninstalling prior to) and still no luck... I will send someone a pack of cigarettes and some McDonnald's gift cards if you help me out!!!! and if you dont like cigarettes then Ill print you up a certificate on Microsoft word for being straight awesome!! PLEASE HELP ME, my welfare depends on it! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Installed adobe creative suite to snow leopard, all programs open except after effects... HELP!
on Mar 25, 2010 at 2:41:10 pm

- Install the After Effects CS4 (9.0.2) update.
- Install Rosetta. After installing Rosetta, restart eh computer a couple of times.

For some silly reason, Mac OS x 10.6 has After Effects listed (mistakenly) as a program that requires Rosetta to run. So it won't let AFter Effects start unless Rosetta is installed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

kurt hudson
Re: Installed adobe creative suite to snow leopard, all programs open except after effects... HELP!
on Mar 25, 2010 at 2:43:33 pm

Hmm thats strange because when I first installed adobe it told me that I needed to install rosetta and I did and still nothing.. Im at work now but I uninstalled everything and have it re installing back at home, Im going to give it another shot and I will re install rosetta. Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 25, 2010 at 2:45:36 pm

a couple of links that will help:

After Effects CS4 (9.0.2) update

technical support document about Snow Leopard

If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

kurt hudson
on Mar 25, 2010 at 10:26:14 pm

Thank you!! Trying it out now, Ill let you know if it solved it. thanks

Return to posts index

kurt hudson
on Mar 25, 2010 at 11:01:08 pm

nope rosetta didnt work... after effects still will not open...

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 25, 2010 at 11:13:59 pm

Did you restart the computer multiple times as I suggested?

And did you install the 9.0.2 update?

Return to posts index

kurt hudson
on Mar 26, 2010 at 2:45:46 pm

Yep, restarted until I couldnt handle it anymore.. I have come to the assumption that it may be either because I installed AE before updating my OSX and or the fact that I put a 3rd party plugin into AE before updating OSX and AE.. Was up till 5 am last night re booting from the snow leopard disk, re did everything and now it works... I have yet to install any 3rd party plugins but they are going to be essential to my work (trapcode series, Twitch) I was wondering if any of you guys think it will mess everything up again if I start installing these programs... if thats the case then mac really needs to get their crap together.. Thanks for the help

Return to posts index

Jeremy Mayhew
on Apr 11, 2010 at 3:34:01 am

I'm having the exact same problem. I've got Rosetta, AE 9.0.2, and when I try to open the app... nothing happens. :(

Did you ever figure out what the issue was? Multiple restarts aren't helping me. Is it something to do with system caches maybe?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]