FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quick Resoponse Please..Problem with Color Keying

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Durwood Hibbard
Quick Resoponse Please..Problem with Color Keying
on Mar 19, 2010 at 12:40:41 am

Greetings,
I was asked if I could throw together a quick video for a local youth group and I was thinking of keying out the background and replacing it with something other than the Green wall they filmed against. Problem??? The shooting was done on St. Patrick's Day, so many of the subjects have green on somewhere that is getting removed with the keying. Some it is their entire shirt. Is there an easy way to work around this? If not I will try another approach.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Quick Resoponse Please..Problem with Color Keying
on Mar 19, 2010 at 1:23:37 am

Since it's just for a church group, I'm going to assume there's no budget for extra stuff like Primatte. By all accounts Primatte is one of the best keyers out there and it lets you choose shades to keep as well as shades to lose.

I suspect some rotoscoping is in your future. :)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Greg Robbins
Re: Quick Resoponse Please..Problem with Color Keying
on Mar 19, 2010 at 5:19:14 am

Right, lots of rotoscoping. Which defeats the point of shot on a green screen in the first place. The point of a green screen is to help the computer identify the difference between the subject and the background so that u can seperate them using the color differences, so green on green greatly impairs the ability to distinguish the two. So to repeat what was already said, rotoscoping is your best bet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]