FORUMS: list search recent posts

creating 3D butterfly body

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vladislav Gomzyakov
creating 3D butterfly body
on Mar 16, 2010 at 11:45:25 pm

Hi there. What I am trying to do is add some dimensionality to the butterfly body as I am showing the butterfly in several angles and it doesn't look too good with the body being just flat. I thought of using some kind of distortion effect on it to bend it in an arc way, and then make a full body out of two bent halves. But I couldn't accomplish that with any effects I tried.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Ryan McAfee
Re: creating 3D butterfly body
on Mar 17, 2010 at 1:29:44 pm

I imagine you do not have trapcode form? If you do, you can give something depth you the Layer Maps. Other than that you might get lucky with the shatter effect. (I think that is what it is called)

Ryan McAfee
Moon Community Access Television
http://www.MCA-TV.com

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 17, 2010 at 8:06:39 pm

Depending on what your butterfly's body looks like you can either stack a bunch of copies of the layer on top of each other or rotate a bunch of copies of the layer on the vertical axis (two copies would be an X if looking at it straight on, three copies would look like *, etc.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Vladislav Gomzyakov
on Mar 18, 2010 at 12:11:53 am

i do have trapcode form. how would i use it to accomplish what i want? ideally i need some plugin to kinda bulge my existing body two ways so it actually becomes 3D, not sure if there are plugins that do that.

Return to posts index

Vladislav Gomzyakov
on Mar 18, 2010 at 1:04:20 am

And I tried shatter effect. It does the job very crudely though. Plus in order to animate it I will actually have to deal with the camera in the effect, not the global camera. Cause the actual body is parented to a null, which controls the movements of the actual butterfly. So I doubt I can match the movements exactly..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]