FORUMS: list search recent posts

apply presets on offset layers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mary Waitrovich
apply presets on offset layers
on Mar 16, 2010 at 2:44:05 pm

I have 100 words on separate layers and the layers are offset so they appear one frame at a time. When I select all layers and apply a text animation preset, the animations all start where the cursor was when I applied them. Is there a way to apply a preset to multiple layers and have the preset start at the start of the text element on each layer? Maybe I have to reimport all my layers, starting at the same time, apply the preset, and THEN offset the layers?

thanks much,

Mary Waitrovich
Media Plus You, LCC

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: apply presets on offset layers
on Mar 16, 2010 at 3:28:39 pm

[Mary Waitrovich] "Maybe I have to reimport all my layers, starting at the same time, apply the preset, and THEN offset the layers? "

I get the notion that when you use the term "offset", you're talking about "moving layers to a later time in the timeline". As long as the amount by which you want to these layers on the timeline is CONSISTENT, there's a simple solution for this:
  • Import all the layers
  • Apply the desired text preset
  • Select all the layers with command-a or ctl-a win, or select layers from uppermost to bottom-most. Selection order matters in AE.
  • Use the Sequence Layers command

I'm not in front of my AE machine, but I'm pretty sure it's under Layer>Sequence layers. You'll be asked for an amount of time to sequence them. Type it in and AE does the rest.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]