FORUMS: list search recent posts

Change the duration of a group of animation keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chad ramos
Change the duration of a group of animation keyframes
on Mar 14, 2010 at 2:58:00 pm

Hi,

I was wondering how do I change the over all duration of a selected group of keyframes. Lets say I have a keyframe at 2 seconds and another at 5 seconds. In between those two keyframes I have a few more select keyframes. I want to change the duration between the one at 2 seconds and the one at 5 seconds all while moving the ones in between proportionately.

Regards

Chad

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
Re: Change the duration of a group of animation keyframes
on Mar 14, 2010 at 3:53:45 pm

There are 2 methods I know of:

1) Turn them into roving keyframes by selecting the entire range of keyframes you want to affect and choosing Keyframe Interpolation from the Animation menu. When keyframes are set to "rove" moving either of the outer keyframes moves them proportionally in time.

see: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WS3878526689cb91655866c1103906...

2) Select the keyframes and hold down Alt/Option as you drag the outer one, the first keyframe in the selected group stays in position, the middle ones move proportionally.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 14, 2010 at 4:45:11 pm

The second method that Brian describes is here.

This is also very easy in the Graph Editor, since you can select multiple keyframes and scale and otherwise manipulate a bounding box around them. See this page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

chad ramos
on Mar 15, 2010 at 5:24:06 pm

Thanks to all posters. The info has helped.

Regards

Chad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]