FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live Screenshots of software- how?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaun Kurian
Live Screenshots of software- how?
on Feb 26, 2010 at 10:06:01 pm

Hello- I am wondering what type of workflow involves live screenshots as you can see at the following link:

I am guessing that Camtasia would work for the screenshot capturing and then in After Effects animate the swivel/tilt aspects. If this is true, will it ensure high resolution?

Thanks for your input.

Shaun

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Live Screenshots of software- how?
on Feb 26, 2010 at 10:44:09 pm

[Shaun Kurian] "I am guessing that Camtasia would work for the screenshot capturing and then in After Effects animate the swivel/tilt aspects."

Guess again.

[Shaun Kurian] "If this is true, will it ensure high resolution? "

It will ensure only the resolution of the web page. Since the camera gets VERY close to some of that stuff, and it continues to look sharp, I'd bet they built those pages FROM SCRATCH -- for the sole purpose of animation.

Hey, it's a software company in that video, y'know? They understand the value of good looking images, and they'll do what it takes to get it... including building super-high-resolution facsimiles of web pages.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Shaun Kurian
Re: Live Screenshots of software- how?
on Mar 5, 2010 at 9:18:59 pm

Thanks Dave for the response. I actually learned from some software companies in my area that they do use Camtasia for their live shots, and if you look closely at the glasscubes video I sent, when the camera zooms into some areas, the picture is not as sharp as when it is zoomed out. Also knowing that the glasscubes video does not have an HD option with vimeo, it leads me to believe that they may have composed those shots in a non-HD comp. So I am going to give it a try and see if it works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]